On Thursday I had 40 lb of Chicken delivered. Several of my friends asked me to share what I made with all that chicken. Trust me- if you ever decide to get 40 lb of chicken- it is A LOT of chicken! I posted links whenever possible. Here is what is in my freezer or already in our bellies:
1. Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chili Sauce
2.Chicken Enchilada Casserole
3. Chicken Rice Soup- to can
4. Chicken Pot Pie
5. Chicken Squares
6. Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
7. Seven Layer Casserole
8. White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
9. Old Fashioned Chicken Soup
10. Chicken Nuggets
11. Chili Chicken and Pasta
12. Chicken and Lemon Broccoli Alfredo
13. Chicken and Dumplings
14. Chicken Corn Soup
15. Parmesan Seasoning Blends- I get these packets super cheap at Surplus Outlet. It’s $2 for a variety of about 20 packets.
16. Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Ok- I need to clarify. These meals are not actually in my freezer, just the chicken is prepped. The first two meals will be made and we will eat part of the recipe and freeze the rest. The same is true with soup. I always make soup in large batches because we love soup and it freezes well.
Maybe next time I need to order meat some friends could come over and we could prep for meals together- or even make a few freezer meals. Let me know if you are interested!